Friday, November 9, 2012

Project Runway

Dear Project Runway,

Please, please, please, I beg you have a Girl Scout Leader Uniform Design Challenge! We leaders work really, really hard to make the world a better place one girl at a time. We give our time, our hearts and often our money to make our troops amazing for our girls. Don't we deserve to put on our uniforms and feel fun and tough and vibrant and maybe even a little sassy? Are we not trying to teach our girls that they can indeed be strong and resilient and pretty and fun and joyful and courageous all at once?

Please tell me how I am supposed to do that when my choices of a uniform are:
1) The "I am 102 and I fade into the background" navy blue button up cardigan:
 2) The "I gave up on myself and am now just trying to hide everything" ubiquitous hoodie (XXL of course):


3) The "I am actually your Grandfather" cardigan:



4) The "I wish I was sporty but I actually have no shape at all and this shade of green is not helping" hunter green tracksuit jacket:


Seriously is there no one else out there who actually wants to feel cute and fun when they lead their troop? Why do we have to look like we gave up on ourselves a hundred years ago? And what message are we sending the girls? If you are frumpy you can be a leader but if you have any desire for any fashion give it up...because anyone who cares enough about their appearance to actually brush their hair is too superficial to make a real difference in the world.

Please Project Runway, give us a uniform that reflects the diverse, energetic, joyful, crazy, fun people that we actually are...and help us show our girls that they can do good and feel good about themselves while they do it!

Thank you!
Troop Leaders all over the US

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This reminds me of a movie called "Troop Beverly Hills". ;-) Hoping the fabric isn't itchy at least.

Unknown said...

Just realizing that the current look is better than the 70's look, which BTW was better than the previous incantation.

Unknown said...

Don't you think you'd get more people willing to lead troops if you didn't have to look SO schlubby doing it? Seriously, I'm no fashion plate (I grew up in Berkeley in the 70s for God''s sake...I still think Bell bottoms are the height of cool) but even I can see how boring and outdated and just plain sad the Girl Scout "fashions" are! They make me feel a wee bit suicidal...I'm just sayin'!

Post a Comment