Friday, November 23, 2012

Gratitude

I am grateful for:
All the girls in my troop!
The parents who let me take their girls into the woods and into the water and into the wilderness.
The pure Power to Weight ratio that means I will never keep up with my Scouts but I will always enjoy the attempt!
The girls who encourage me.
The girls I encourage.
The times I didn't want to go on a trip (that I organized) and the fact that I went anyway!
The girls putting up with me even when I am barking.
The tween years when our kids walk so easily between serious adult conversation and playing with their Calico Critters. May they get to keep that ability for as long as possible.
The friends I've made through Scouting.
The days I've spent in the woods, trees, ocean, mountains... with my scouts.
My sweetheart who hates anything resembling organized groups and couldn't be more proud of me or more supportive of my crazy scouting schedule.
My daughter who forced me into Scouting kicking and screaming! (thanks Maia...that was the best present you ever gave me!)

I'm not sure if gratitude is a Scouting Value...but I am sure they wouldn't disapprove!
'

0 comments:

Post a Comment